Sweet potato maple syrup is a tasty and unique syrup that blends the natural sweetness of sweet potatoes with the rich and distinct taste of pure maple syrup. This syrup is easy to make and can be added to a variety of breakfast foods to make them taste better and be healthier.
Maple syrup made from sweet potatoes is not only tasty but also good for you. It has all the vitamins & minerals that sweet potatoes have, like vitamin A, vitamin C, and fiber. It also has the antioxidants and minerals that pure maple syrup has.
Let’s jump right into the Sweet Potato Maple Syrup Recipe.
Sweet Potato Maple Syrup Recipe
The maple syrup made from sweet potatoes is a delicious and nutritious alternative to traditional syrups. It is a wonderful complement to any breakfast or brunch menu due to its unique flavor and nutritional value. So why not make us our own sweet potato maple syrup?
Let’s know the whole Sweet Potato Maple Syrup Recipe so that you can enjoy it too!
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- Mix the cubed sweet potatoes, water, vanilla extract, maple syrup, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and salt in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, then turn the heat down to low and let it cook for about 20 to 25 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are soft.
- Take the pan off the stove and let the mixture cool down a bit.
- Blend or process the mixture until it is smooth in a blender or food processor.
- If the syrup is too thick, you can thin it out by adding a little more water.
- Serve the warm maple syrup made from sweet potatoes on pancakes, waffles, or French toast.
How to Store Leftover Sweet Potato Maple Syrup Recipe:
Cooling down any remaining sweet potato maple syrup before storing it is best. It may be stored in the refrigerator for up to two weeks or frozen for up to three months if placed in an air-tight container. Before using, defrost it in the refrigerator; if necessary, heat it up.
Tips For Sweet Potato Maple Syrup Recipe:
- Use unadulterated maple syrup rather than artificially flavored syrups for the finest flavor.
- Look for firm, sweet potatoes that are free of blemishes and tender areas. Choose similar-sized, medium-sized sweet potatoes for even roasting.
- If the syrup is too viscous, additional water can be added to achieve the desired consistency.
- Adjust the amount of cinnamon and nutmeg to taste, or experiment with adding other spices like ginger or allspice.
- To create a buttery and smooth syrup, blend the sweet potato mixture until it is entirely smooth.
What to Serve With Sweet Potato Maple Syrup Recipe?
Sweet potato maple syrup is delicious on pancakes, waffles, French toast, oatmeal, and yogurt. It gives these breakfast dishes taste and nourishment. This syrup is simple to create and may be used to enhance the flavor and nutritional value of a range of breakfast foods.
We hope you like the Sweet Potato Maple Syrup Recipe. Let us know your thoughts & suggestions.
Thank you for reading!